You're on holiday, why not treat yourself to a night off the cooking and washing up? Here are some suggestions for dining out and dining in - enjoy!
Cook's Night Off!
Luscious ready cooked meals available from local cook Tiffy, whose menu of cooked meals for one or two are provided frozen direct to your cottage. They are freshly prepared using locally sourced ingredients wherever possible. All meals come with full defrosting and heating instructions.
Soups all at £1.50 per head - choose from:
- Sweetcorn & Smoked Sausage Chowder
- Tomato, Lentil, Sweet Potato & Pesto Soup
- Spinach, Pea & Garlic Soup
Bread at £1.50 per head: Herb & Garlic Bread
Main courses all at £3.50 - £4.50 per head - choose from:
- Pot of Roasted Pheasant with Bacon, Fennel, Leeks & Carrots
- Ragout of Hare or Rabbit with Red Wine, Mushrooms & Shallots
- Pan of Fried Chicken Breasts with Muscat Wine, Black Pudding & Tarragon
- Sauteed Pork Chops with Shallots, Sage & Cider
- Navarin of Lamb with Thyme & Baby Vegetables
- Beef or Venison Casserole with Roasted Vegetable
- Italian Stuffed Aubergines with Mozzarella
- Vegetarian Moussaka with Ricotta, Parmesan & Herbs
- Beef Lasagne with Garlic Bread
Extras £1.50: Roasted Vegetables (all meals come with some vegetables), Roast Potatoes, Minty Potatoes
Puddings all at £2.50 per head - choose from:
Clementine Cake, Sticky Toffee Pudding, Chocolate Hazelnut Meringue, Blackcurrant & MInt Ice Cream, Brown Bread Ice Cream, Baked Lemon & Vanilla Cheesecake
Order before your arrival if you wish for a meal to be defrosted and ready the first night. Do please also give a choice - not everything is available all the time. Payment by cash or cheque made out to super cook Tiffy Sheddon. A stock of the meals are available within the porch in my house, ten metres from the Mills.
Enjoy Eating Out Locally in Dunkeld
- Howie Bistro open all day, nestled in the heart of Dunkeld. Local fresh produce, home cooking and excellent service in relaxing surroundings.
- Darjeeling Restaurant offers authentic Indian cuisine in a relaxed atmosphere, dining in or takeaway.
- Palmerstons wonderful cafe, in the main street. Scones to gobble up as well as much more.
- The Atholl Arms Hotel sits overlooking the Tay where Queen Victoria once stayed.
- Birnam Hotel sits right opposite the Beatrix Potter Garden.
- The Royal Hotel, Dunkeld's Old Coaching Inn, is home to the The Larches & Woodlands Bistro.
- The Taybank brings you a fantastic range of reasonably priced, traditional home cooked food. Renowned as Dunkeld's musical hub, encouraging local musicans to entertain.
- More information visit Dunkeld and Birnam Tourist Association's website.
Or further afield, such as
- Fortingall Hotel amid the thatched village of Fortingall, next door is the ancient yew tree, between 3000 and 9000 years old.
- East Haugh House Hotel is home to Two Sisters Restaurant and Cosy Fishermans Bar. The hotel was built originally as part of the Atholl Estate some 350 years ago.